Nubbin NOTD

My nails are still pretty bad. I am battling the worst case of peelies ever, and it is starting to annoy me quite a bit. It has been way too long since I've posted a swatch, so I decided I'd take a couple pictures of what I'm wearing now.

NYX Sapphire, two coats

I picked up NYX Sapphire from an independent beauty supply store that specializes in... wigs. Yep, a wig store! They had two displays of nail polish, Ruby Kisses and NYX. I was delighted to finally find NYX!

Tipwear! Ahhhh!
 
Sapphire is quite a beautiful color, in my opinion. It is a deep purple-toned blue, and it reminds me of a precious gem, as the name suggests. The formula was surprisingly awesome... full coverage was achieved with only two coats. This polish is highly pigmented and went on ridiculously smooth. I topped my two coats with a coat of Seche Vite.

 
Close-up! Cheeeeeeese!

I am actually quite pleased with NYX's nail polish! I wasn't expecting it to be this good, and I am eager to swatch the two other colors I picked up, Jungle and Graffiti. I will definitely be ordering more of their line!

What are your favorite NYX colors?

~Carley

6 comments:

Tara said...

I have to say, I liked NYX asphalt, but it didn't work with my skin tone- the primary colors in the glitter were too noticeable...

By the way, how do you get your nails so clean when short? I have to have long nails to keep them pretty neat, I wouldn't dare have the courage to put a swatch up when they're short nubbies! They're beautiful!

mynailzz said...

cute blog!

please check out mine as well
mynailzz.blogspot.com

Leeblee said...

LOL polish at a wig store?! That's funny!!
This colour looks great on you!

misscarley said...

Tara... thank you for the compliment! I try to take good care of my nails since I can't seem to grow them very long, so I try my best to keep them looking nice for being impossibly short. I am pretty much addicted to cuticle cremes!

Leeblee... Yes, a wig store! I really wish I took pictures while I was there, it was too much!

KarenD said...

Peelies are so frustrating! I'm glad you're not letting them keep you from posting.

We have a local beauty supply chain that mostly has hair stuff; wigs and extensions and I don't know what all, but they also have OPI and a few other brands, so I go in there with my not at all fancy hair to buy polish.

I tagged you with an award:

http://thekarend.blogspot.com/2010/08/ten-things.html

misscarley said...

Thank you so much, Karen! I am really flattered! I can't wait to tag some people with it, too! :D