My nails HATE me!

I haven't been able to swatch at all lately, and I am really bummed about it. My nails had been growing nice and strong over the beginning of the summer, and I was really quite pleased and excited with how long they were getting (I've never been able to grow nails too far past my nailbed before splitting). I had been using my Swissco glass file, nourishing basecoats, and taking a mutivitamin every so often. I stopped taking the multivitamin and a couple weeks later ALL of my nails started splitting and peeling in the most awful way. I had to file them all down to absolutely NOTHING, and it really sucks!
Even though I have had trouble with my nails and I am now officially a Girl On A Budget, I still managed to amass a little haul during the week. I have really been conscious of my spending habits lately, so I haven't been buying as much polish as I normally do. I can't remember the last time I made an e-tailer haul! Imagine how I feel seeing all these amazing new collections coming out!

Anyway, on to my little haul! I had made a trip over to Sally Beauty Supply to pick up a cuticle pusher (I swear that was all I went in to get!) and I saw some new Savvy collections. Savvy is now called Savvy Femme Couture and is in a redesigned bottle: they kept the awesome square bottle but updated to a new cap and label.

Old Savvy versus New Savvy! Who wins?

I looked at both collections, one called Pop Rocks and another with a fairy tale theme. I immediately picked up Prince Ala Charm and left. The next day I felt a nagging feeling and decided to go back to get the rest of them (except for Knightly Armor, which I wasn't crazy about) in addition to two colors from China Glaze's Vintage Vixen collection: Emerald Fitzgerald and First Class Ticket. I also had to get Nina Ultra Pro Sailor, a deep blue creme.

Emerald Fitzgerald, Sailor, First Class Ticket

The fairy tale Savvy's are pretty appealing... they are all shimmery. I am actually not quite sure how to explain their finish, but they look like they will be amazing layered. They were each on clearance for $1.99, so I figured I can't lose.

From L-R: Purple Potion, Fairy Twinkle, Magic Pumpkin, Prince Ala Charm, Glass Slipper, Fairy Twinkle

Close up!

Close up of Fairy Twinkle. Look at that beautiful twinkly-ness!

Yesterday we went to the mall and I bought two new-looking Hot Topic colors, a bright blue and bright purple creme. It seems like most of Hot Topic's new nail colors are cremes! I was about to swatch them on my thumb, but in true Hot Topic polish tradition both of the brushes are wonky mops.

Hot Topic Blue and Purple

I am pretty much dying to swatch all these and start experimenting with the Savvy colors. I hope my nails will come around soon! I am tired of them looking like a hot mess!

~Carley


4 comments:

KarenD said...

Nice hauling! I wanted Prince ala Charm but my Sally didn't have any of that one left. I'll manage to go on somehow. :) I think new Savvy wins; I like the handle shape better (and the black is classic, too).

Sorry about your nails; I've been battling peelies again myself.

misscarley said...

I really like the new Savvy, too! The bottles look more... fashionable. I love the new handle, it fits in my hand much better :D

Tara said...

thanks! got the gossip girl at tarjay!

dotdotdot said...

Ahh I feel your budgetgirl pain! Atm I have plenty of money but I can't spend it because my motorcycle is being repaired and the numbers I was given for that in advance didn't look pretty.

I like the new bottle best, too bad they probably don't sell that brand over here, the colors look very nice in the bottles.