NOTD: Sally Hansen Insta Dri Wined Up

Let me start off by saying that I know that a lot of people either love or hate the Sally Hansen Insta Dri polishes. I think the hate is mainly based on the type of brush it comes with, as I haven't really heard many people complain about the formula itself. The complaints are typically centered on how wide the brush is, that it is moppy, that it is too big, and that it holds too much polish... I have to admit that the brushes did take some getting used to at first, but I really do love this line and the brush doesn't give me any problems. I had never seen the flat-type brushes before coming across Sally Hansen's Insta Dri lineup.

Wined Up, two coats in full sun.

Wined Up was one of the first Insta Dri polishes I purchased. It is a beautiful deep red with a rich shimmer that really glows when the sunlight hits it. The application is actually pretty nice... I half expected it to be terribly goopy, for some reason. It went on smoothly and I could have gotten away with one coat, but I chose to do two out of habit.


I was impressed that this polish dried to a pretty glossy finish... I didn't need to apply a quick dry topcoat to cure it or give it shine. Insta Dri stayed true to it's name and really did dry quickly. I will probably use a coat of Seche Vite next time, though... just to get some extended wear out of the manicure. I did have some noticeable tipwear after one day of doing laundry.

I'm ready for my close up! Look at that shimmer!

All in all I am pretty glad I picked this up! I have since added to my Insta Dri collection, and I would say that almost all of the colors I've gotten have been totally awesome. I did have some issues with Orange You Fast! though... that color was very difficult to work with!

I would definitely recommend buying Wined Up and other Insta Dri polishes if you don't find the brush a dealbreaker... though you might want to wait for a sale, because these run over $5 at Walgreens!

~Carley

6 comments:

Tara said...

Hey Carley!

I totally agree with you- I actually love this brush if you learn how to use it, especially in the Complete Salon Manicure line, which is a little less runny.

I do love this color though, I'll have to try it out!

Thanks for checking out my designs on my blog too- its nice to see people actually appreciate it! I still wonder how you keep your manis so neat, when my nails are short, they're a mess!

Danielle said...

Hi there, just found your blog though Getcha Nails did and have become a new follower :)

check out my blog as well if you'd like.

http://polishobsessed.blogspot.com/

Looking forward to your up comming posts,

Danielle

misscarley said...

Tara... It did take me a few tries to get comfortable with the brush, but I think the colors are so worth it! Do you find it hard to paint your nails when they are very short? I am so used to it by now since my nails don't grow very long!

Danielle... thank you so much for becoming a follower of my blog! I followed you as well! :D

Tara said...

Hey Carley! I'm having a giveaway on my site! Check it out at

ForYourNailsOnly.blogspot.com

I hope you enter since you've been so great about commenting and looking at my posts!

Good luck!

misscarley said...

I'll definitely enter! Thanks for letting me know! :D

Leeblee said...

This colour is so rich, I love the shimmer in it!