Wow! Followers!

In honor of my first three followers (!!! I am so excited about this! Thank you for following me!), I would like to make my first nail-related post dedicated solely to some stash spam. I would like to start posting some NOTD photos soon, but I haven't been satisfied with the photos I've taken so far.

A little bit about my stash: I have about 240 polishes, including backups of a few colors. I keep a spreadsheet to keep track of how many polishes I own, and I sort my spreadsheet by brand and then by collection. I actually used to swatch each polish on a popsicle stick, but I ultimately gave up on making popsicle stick swatches when my collection exceeded 200 polishes. It just got to be a little too tedious for me to keep up with, especially on days when I came home with big hauls!

Photobucket

My collection lives in a 3-drawer storage cube that I picked up from Michael's Craft Store. It fits my needs quite well, and I even bought and assembled a second one in anticipation of my first cube reaching critical mass.

Photobucket

In the bottom drawer I have Color Club, Orly, OPI, China Glaze, and FingerPaints. This drawer is totally jam-packed full! I don't organize them too well, as you can see. I do manage to keep them grouped according to brand, though!

Photobucket

The middle drawer holds mostly drugstore brands, like Sally Hansen, Wet 'n Wild, Revlon, Pure Ice, etc... I do keep my three Nfu Oh's in this drawer, though; so it isn't entirely drugstore polish.

Photobucket

Here is the top drawer, which is the loneliest drawer of all! My collection just recently began spilling into it, so it is sharing space with my cotton rounds. I used to keep all my treatments and topcoats in the top drawer, but I have since moved those into my spare storage cube.

Photobucket

Finally, I keep a few oft-used basecoats and topcoats on top of this mini storage thingie that I keep all my implements in. The purple polish on the right is the first franken I ever made! That image plate is Bundle Monster BM20, which has some cute star designs that I was experimenting with for a July 4th manicure.

Well, that concludes my mini-stash spam/tour! I often think that it would be totally awesome to have my stash prominently displayed in my living room for all to see, but I think my boyfriend Damon would have a heart attack if I moved them out of the drawers!

~Carley

5 comments:

Chantal said...

Nice stash! Looking forward to your NOTDs :o)

Mary said...

Those seem to hold quite a few polishes! I need to see if my Michael's carries these because I don't live near an Ikea and things are getting out of control!

misscarley said...

Chantal: Thanks! I am excited to start sharing them too!

Mary: I ended up getting these cubes exactly for that reason... they hold a lot AND I don't live near an Ikea. I would love a Helmer, but these cubes were only $17 and 2 miles away. :D

tasha~ said...

Wow! Nice collection! Very impressive! I cant wait to see some swatches :)

Supersparklekitty said...

Yup! What they said! Nice stash! And nice to see a new fellow polish blogger! :-)